Atlas® model direct drive cylinder lifts include:
Atlas® PV10P, Atlas® PV10HP, Atlas® OH-10X
*DO THIS BEFORE YOU PUT A VEHICLE ON THE LIFT*
1. Raise the lift approximately 12" to 14" from the floor but do not go past the first lock.
2. Locate on top of one of the cylinders the bleeder screw (pictured below).
3. Using an Allen wrench, loosen but do not remove the bleeder screw. Loosen it just enough to allow as much air as possible to escape. Once the air has escaped, re-tighten bleeder screw but do not over tighten. Repeat this same process for the other cylinder.
4. Now, using the lowering valve on the power unit, lower the lift to the floor. Because in most cases it is impossible to remove all of the air in Steps #1 and #2, it will be necessary for you to repeat Steps #1 and #2 until all of the air has been removed. You will know that all of the air has been removed when you get a steady stream of hydraulic oil coming out of the bleeder screw.
5. Now, using the lowering valve, lower the lift to the floor and check the oil level in the power unit reservoir to be sure it is at the proper level. Refill oil reservoir to the proper level as needed.
6. Cycle the lift up and down several times to ensure latches engage properly. If the latches function out of sync then tighten the cable on the latch that engages first.