SHIPPING RATESWithin the Contiguous 48 United States:
- Orders $74.99$49.00 and Up = $0 FREE SHIPPING!*
- Orders $35 - $74.99 $48.99 = $6.99 Shipping Fee*
- Orders $0.01 - $34.99 = $7.99 Shipping Fee*
IMPORTANT SPECIAL NOTES:
Typical Ground Service delivery is 3-5 business days.
- Shipping Charges are to a single address. Multiple shipping addresses may result in additional charges.
- Large and overweight items may result in additional charges and/or may require truck delivery.
- Additional charges will apply on all Truck Shipments requiring Lift Gate Service and/or Residential Delivery Service.
In the event additional charges are necessary, ToolTopia.com will contact you before proceeding with your order for verification and approval.
- We are unable to ship to PO Boxes.
- Items weighing over 100 lbs ship by truck freight.
- We only ship to the United States (48 mainland states, Alaska and Hawaii) or an APO.
How do I accept my shipments?
A signature is required for all Freight deliveries. Prior to signing and accepting any freight, please insure it has been carefully inspected for any damage.
It is the responsibility of the consignee(s) (customer) to receive all item(s). The consignee or a delegated representative must be present to receive any item(s) at the time of delivery.
- Customers are responsible for inspecting thoroughly all shipments for damage prior to signing and accepting their purchases.
- Any item with damage should be refused.
- The customer should decline the signature request and contact ToolTopia.com Customer Service to request replacement product or refund.
- If a shipment is signed for without exception noted for damage, the customer will need to contact the freight carrier directly to file a claim.
The Consignee Responsibilities(s)
Failure for a consignee(s) to be present to accept a delivery may result in a delayed delivery and possible holding of the item(s) as well as additional charges by the freight company. If the freight company is unable to make delivery, storage charges for each day held will accrue. If held, these charges are the responsibility of the client who placed the order. In the event that neither the freight company nor ToolTopia.com are able to contact the client who placed the order, the item(s) will be returned to ToolTopia.com. In this event, the client who placed the order will be held responsible for any and all costs (including, but not limited to; storage and any additional delivery attempts). Also, at discretion ToolTopia.com may access a restocking fee.
Receiving Delivered Item(s)
The consignee is responsible for the removal of all item(s) from the truck. Driver(s) are not allowed or responsible for removing delivered item(s). Unless a lift gate service is requested at the time of the order, the consignee is responsible for handling the item(s) which may require a fork‐lift. If the shipment can't be unloaded, and the freight company is requested to return with a lift‐gate equipped truck, the consignee will be responsible for the cost.
Inspecting Your ShipmentPrior to signing and accepting any freight, please insure it has been carefully inspected for any damage.
It is the consignee's responsibility to inspect their shipment for any and all damages. If the item(s) have been damaged, the consignee should refuse the delivery and immediately contact ToolTopia.com. If the item has minor damage the consignee must write a precise description of the damage on both the consignees copy and the freight company's copy of the delivery waybill.
Please note: ToolTopia.com is exempt from any and all damages to any item(s) unless noted on the shipping waybill by the receiving consignee or if the shipment is refused. If the shipment is signed for with no damage noted, the consignee will need to file a claim with the carrier directly. ToolTopia.com will not reimburse the consignee for any damage not noted with the shipper at the time of delivery.
Concealed Loss or Damage
LTL shipments including but not limited to items such as toolboxes, recovery units, carts and portable cooling units, the damage may be completely hidden; a thorough inspection is imperative. The outer boxes and packing will likely need to be removed. Failure to inspect for damage or loss will mean no claim can be filed, therefore the customer will not receive credit.
- If a customer discovers damage or missing product, they should refuse the shipment.
- If the driver is reluctant to allow them to inspect, they should not accept the shipment.
- If the damage is not discovered while the driver is there, it cannot be claimed.
What is truck liftgate service?
- Most freightliner truck beds are approximately four feet from the ground.
- It is not the truck driver's responsibility to unload, or even assist in unloading, your items.
- A liftgate is a mechanism on the back of the truck that lowers the freight from the truck bed to the ground.
- Items weighing under 150 pounds can typically be picked up off the bed and placed on the ground by one or two able-bodied persons.
Attempting this with heavier items can place all individuals in the area at risk.
ToolTopia.com recommends selecting liftgate service for items that are heavy, large, bulky or in any way may be unmanageable by the customer(s).
- If you would like to choose liftgate service, you may do so for items over 125 lbs on Step Two of the Checkout.
Does ToolTopia.com ship outside the United States?
At this time, we do not ship outside the United States. The Ship To Address on the order must be in the 48 contiguous United States mainland, Alaska, Hawaii or an APO.