Features and Benefits:
- Measures fuel system pressure and flow while the vehicle is running to accurately pinpoint fuel system failures.
- Saves hours of troubleshooting time by diagnosing a bad fuel pump and other related drivability problems in seconds.
- Capable of testing both return and return less fuel systems including electronic control.
- Eliminates fuel pump returns. Has a higher rate of return than almost any other automotive part.
- Manufacturers estimate that 80 percent or more of returned pumps are misdiagnosed.
- Patented system simulates extreme driving conditions in the shop to provide the most accurate diagnosis.
Mityvac MV5545 FST PRO revolutionizes automotive diagnostics by combining fuel pressure and flow testing with patented load simulation technology to diagnose and pinpoint fuel delivery system malfunctions including clogged fuel filter or inlet screen, faulty pressure regulator, blocked fuel lines, failing fuel pump, leaky injectors, faulty fuel pump check valve, faulty swirl pots or leaking fuel pickup lines.
This kit saves hours of troubleshooting time by diagnosing a bad fuel pump and other related drivability problems in seconds. The kit is capable of testing both return (bypass) and return less fuel delivery systems including electronically regulated systems and systems with multiple speed pumps. It provides a clear visualization of fuel to detect impurities and air bubbles.
The FST connects inline with a vehicle's fuel system to provide up to four critical performance measurements (idle pressure, idle flow, peak flow and peak demand pressure). An easy-to-use guide interprets the measurements to diagnose system performance and pinpoint malfunctions.
Fuel pumps have a higher rate of return than almost any other automotive part. Fuel pump manufacturers estimate that 80 percent or more of returned pumps are misdiagnosed, costing them, consumers and repair shops millions of dollars each year.
A problem with the fuel system could be one of many things, including the fuel pump, pressure regulator, fuel filter, fuel line or inlet strainer. Fuel pressure and flow are equally important for an engine to run at peak performance and efficiency. Testing for one without the other provides only half the picture.
The FST PRO combines a pressure gauge and flowmeter to ensure the technician has the complete picture. The patented Flow Control Valve operates in three positions to simulate varying load conditions from idle to wide-open-throttle (WOT). It allows the technician to test fuel delivery performance under the heaviest load conditions while the car idles in the shop.
Mityvac has long been an industry leader in vacuum related engine performance and diagnostic test equipment. In addition to the original Mityvac automotive vacuum test kits, we offer an outstanding selection of cylinder compression and fuel system pressure test kits to meet the needs of professional service technicians worldwide.