Mr Heater (MRHF274800)
MH18B Big Buddy Heater
The BIG Buddy is an 18,000 BTU portable, propane indoor safe* radiant heater. Three heat settings deliver 4,000 - 9,000 - 18,000 BTU's of heat for a space up to 400 square feet.
(*Note: Different models required for California and Canada due to local regulations.)
BIG Buddy is also the first indoor safe heater of its kind to offer a dual heating system: radiant heat comfort and a fan-powered convection heat airflow using 4 D-cell batteries. Other features include a low oxygen sensor shutoff system; built-in tip over shutoff switch and hose attachment storage compartment under the heater for twenty-pound cylinder connection hoses.
BIG Buddy is CSA approved for temporary indoor and outdoor use in recreational and commercial applications like barns, shelters, RV's, workshops, work sites, sporting events, storage buildings and camping facilities. Weighing 15 pounds, BIG Buddy is easily carried from place to place.
Features and Benefits:
- Easy carry handle
- Designed and approved for emergency indoor & outdoor use
- Heavy-duty safety wire guard
- Automatic low oxygen shutoff system
- Accidental tip-over safety shutoff. The pilot design will also shut the heater off completely if the pilot light goes out.
- Heats up to 400 sq. ft.
- 4,000; 9,000 and 18,000 BTU/Hr.
- Built in blower helps to circulate air and is powered by either four D-size batteries or a 6V/800mA power adaptor.
- Runs on portable propane cylinders or tanks:
- Connects directly to two 1 lb. disposable cylinders or to a 20 lb. cylinder with optional hose
- Run time:
Up to 6 hours on a one-pound cylinder
Up to 12 hours on two one-pound cylinders
Up to 220 hours on two twenty-pound tanks by using a BIG Buddy hose
- Cylinders and tanks not included
- Note: The NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) regulations make it unlawful to take any tank larger than a 1-lb tank inside a residence. The regulations were written to protect you from potential problems such as a leaking propane tank, fire, and possible explosions. If there was a fire in your house and your propane tank was inside your residence, the fire department may NOT enter your house to fight the fire.
- CSA certified
- Factory tested with a one year manufacturer warranty
- For safety reasons, portable heaters should not be used (turned on and running) unattended. This would include placing it in an unoccupied area, accessible to children without adult supervision, leaving the room while it is on, or going to sleep with the unit on.
- For all proper usage instructions, please see the BIG BUDDY OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS AND OWNER'S MANUAL.