Shop Product Types
Ferret Instruments (FER40)
Charging System Analyzer
Features and Benefits:
Test 6 and 12 volt battery, charging and starting systems with a tester that is built tough for the shop environment. Easily tests batteries up to 1200 CCA.
- Large LCD displays for readability. Controls are easy to understand and use. Ten foot leads fit larger vehicles.
- The high capacity inductive amp probe has two ranges to measure from 100 Milliamps up to 600 amps. A 1" x 3/4" opening fits around large battery cables and wire bundles. The amp probe is plug-in replaceable.
- A Load Timer Lamp flashes once per second while load is on. Beeper sounds after 15 seconds of load.
- Diode/Stator Lamp lights when amp probe senses ripple. Quickly shows bad alternators.
- Carbon Pile Load Control knob sets current to a stable test amperage. One turn control and spring detent off position for easy operation. Fan cooled for heavy duty service.
- Side handle cable exits make hookups easier and more secure. Heavy duty contacts and fine copper cable for long term service.
- External Volts Leads allows voltage measurements anywhere around the engine. Ten megohm impedance protects vehicle circuits. Switch selects external lead clips or battery voltage.
- 500 Amp Lead
- Amps Ripple Indicator
- Load On Timer
- Fan cooled
- Stand Included
- Battery Volts: 4.0 to 19.99 V
- External Volts: 0 to +/- 19.99 V
- 10 Meg Impedance: Yes
- Amps Range: Inductive, 0 to +/- 600
- Load: Carbon Pile, 0 to 600 Amps
- Amps Ripple: Yes
- Display Type: 2 LCD's
- Case Size: 10 x 16.5 x 9.5 in.
- Weight: 45 Pounds