OBD2® ScanTool with FixAssist® & ABS
Out of stock
Features and Benefits:
The Innova FixAssist®, troubleshoots right on the screen, taking the guess work out of where to look first. Don't be puzzled by your vehicle's Check Engine Light again; get the Code AND Repair Tips with FixAssist®.
- Works with any car, light truck, minivan, SUV or hybrid manufactured since 1996 (OBD2) foreign and domestic.
- Connects to the OBD2 port (usually found under the steering column).
- Patented all-in-one screen shows each diagnostic trouble code, including which triggered the Check Engine light.
- Now features the ability to read and erase ABS (anti-lock brake) codes on most popular, newer-model vehicles (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota & Honda).
- Displays over 20 pieces of info on-screen which features 15 easy to read indicators that verify completed trip & drive cycle.
- Red-Yellow-Green LEDs show vehicles emissions test readiness (great for used car inspections and road readiness checks).
- Now features FixAssist® feature with most likely fix for primary diagnostic trouble codes to guide in solving Check Engine light issues.
- Automatic refresh updates data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle an easy way to verify repair completion.
- Free software and firmware updates, with included USB cable and any Internet-enabled PC
- Includes optional access to RepairSolutions® -- the most comprehensive, verified fix information available. Connect your Innova tool to an Internet-enabled PC to see the technician-verified, VIN-specific fix; associated parts; estimated labor time; repair difficulty level; step-by-step repair instructions; and library of “How to Fix” videos.
Download: ABS Application Chart
Manufacturer's Product FAQ:
- Why do the Monitor icons continue to flash?
The I/M MONITOR STATUS icons represent Monitors inside the vehicles computer. Monitors are special computer programs used by the vehicle's computer to verify proper operation of specific emissions-related components or systems (Oxygen Sensor, Catalytic Converter, EGR Valve, Fuel System, etc.) to ensure their proper operation. If a Monitor icon is flashing, it indicates the associated Monitor is currently in "HAS NOT RUN" status. A Monitor will not run until the proper set of conditions required to enable it to perform the self-diagnosis and testing of its assigned engine system have occurred. When a Monitor icon is solid, it indicates the associated Monitor is currently in "HAS RUN" status; the Monitor was able to meet all the conditions required to enable it to perform and complete the self-diagnosis and testing of its assigned engine system. When the conditions are met to allow each monitor to run during a single trip (of multiple subsequent trips), it is called performing a Drive Cycle. You need to complete a full drive cycle for all of the monitors to finish testing, and become solid.
- Will this Scan Tool work on vehicles outside the US or Canada?
No. Innova Code Readers and Scan Tools are designed to work on all OBD2-compliant vehicles. OBD2-compliant means all 1996 and newer cars, light duty trucks/vans and SUVs sold in the United States, or Canada. Vehicles sold in other countries, although similar, are not configured the same as vehicles sold in the United States and Canada, and our tools may not be able to link to them. There are times when our tools will link to vehicles sold outside the United States or Canada, but this functionality is not guaranteed.
- The Scan Tool wont link to vehicles manufactured by Volkswagen.
Volkswagen has an issue with communication when the vehicle has an aftermarket alarm or radio installed. This issue is not limited to Innova tools only, but occurs with all Scan Tools that are on the market. Consult your local Volkswagen dealership or Service Center for the proper testing procedures in this case.
- Can I use the Scan Tool with the engine running?
We always recommend connecting the Scan Tool to your vehicle first, before turning on the ignition or starting the vehicle. So long as this procedure is followed, you can use the Scan Tool on the vehicle while it is running. In fact, the Live Data function of the 3130c requires you to have the engine running. IMPORTANT: If it is necessary to drive the vehicle while observing the Scan Tool's display (such as when performing a Drive Cycle), ALWAYS have a second person help you. One person should drive while the second person observes the Scan Tool's display.
- Will this Scan Tool erase codes and turn the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) off?
Yes. Every Code Reader and Scan Tool manufactured by Innova provides the capability to both retrieve and erase the codes that are causing the MIL to illuminate.
- Where can I get code definitions for the codes I retrieved if definitions are not available through the Scan Tool?
Definitions for all available DTCs (both Generic and Manufacturer-specific) can be accessed through the Innova website (www.innova.com). Go to the "Support" tab, then choose DTC Library, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Does this Scan Tool display Freeze Frame data?
Yes. The 3130c Scan Tool allows you to view Freeze Frame data on the tool's display screen.
- Does the Scan Tool work on OBD1 vehicles?
Yes. The Scan Tool will work on OBD1 vehicles (Ford, GM, Chrysler and Toyota). In order to read OBD1 vehicles, OBD1 adapter kit 05-5199 is required.
- Will this Scan Tool read ABS & SRS codes?
The 3130c will retrieve ABS codes, on most 1996 and newer GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and Honda vehicles. However, it will not retrieve SRS codes.
- If I lose or damage my software CD, do I have to buy another one?
No. Once you have purchased a Code Reader/Scan Tool and accompanying software CD, you can always download the latest version of the software from the Innova website (www.innova.com). Click on the "Support" tab, and then choose "Product Support".
- With what model years is the Scan Tool compatible?
All of the Innova Code Readers, and Scan Tools support all 1996 and newer OBD-II certified vehicles that weigh less than 8,500lbs Gross Vehicle Weight, and were sold in the United States or Canada. If you do not know if your vehicle is OBD-II certified, you can check your emissions label under the hood, found typically on the roof of the hood, or near the radiator.
- Does this Scan Tool have "bi-directional" features?
Yes. All of Innova's Scan Tools will offer bi-directional functions.
- Why doesn't the Scan Tool power up on my vehicle?
This condition indicates that power is not being supplied to the #16 pin of the vehicle's Data Link Connector (DLC), and is usually caused by a blown fuse. You should check the condition of all fuses, but the defective fuse will most often be associated with a system that has power at all times, such as the cigarette lighter, horn or dome lights.
- Can I retrieve manufacturer-specific Diagnostics Trouble Codes (DTCs) with this Scan Tool?
Yes. The 3130c Scan Tool is capable of retrieving manufacture specific codes. The tool will retrieve both Generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0) and Manufacturer Specific (P1, P3, and U1) OBD2 DTCs.
- Will this Scan Tool display a vehicle's VIN?
The 3130c Scan Tool incorporates the capability to retrieve and display "Vehicle Information" (the VIN and controller ID numbers) to determine the version of programming in the vehicle's computer. *Not all vehicles will support this function.
- Will this Scan Tool work on diesel vehicles?
Yes, so long as the vehicle is OBD2-compliant. Check the emission Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) label. If the label states that the vehicle is OBD2-compliant, the Scan Tool is compatible with the vehicle. The Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) label is normally located under the hood in front of the radiator. NOTE: Vehicles that weigh more than 8500lbs Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) are not required by law to OBD2 compliant, and therefore are usually not. These vehicles are considered to be heavy-duty vehicles and do not need to comply with the same rules as light/medium duty vehicles.
- What is the warranty period?
The Manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser that this unit is free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and maintenance for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. If the unit fails within the one (1) year period, it will be repaired or replaced at the manufacturer's discretion.
- What extra features does the software offer?
The software will allow you to link the Scan Tool with your PC and transfer the information retrieved from your vehicle's computer. It includes a DTC lookup tool that contains OBD2 code definitions, and provides the ability to print and save reports. You can also purchase the premium membership, which would give you access to Verified Fixes for codes, Predicted Vehicle Repairs based on the current mileage, and access to our full library of do it yourself videos.
- Will the Scan Tool damage my vehicle's electronic systems?
Innova's Code Readers and Scan Tools are designed to retrieve information that is stored in your vehicle's computer. With the exception of initiating the EVAP system Leak Test, O2 Test, and Non-Continuous Test (for vehicles that support these tests), the tools do not command, control, or otherwise enter information to your vehicle. It is not possible for these tools to damage your vehicle's electronic system.
- How can I update the Scan Tool's firmware?
You can check for available updates by downloading, and installing our software to your PC running Windows OS. Click on the "Support" Tab, and choose "Product Support" to find the software needed for your tool.
- Will this Scan Tool work on Heavy Duty trucks or motor homes?
Vehicles that weigh more than 8500lbs Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) are considered "heavy duty vehicles," and are not required to be OBD2-compliant. You can, however, check the Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) label. If the label states that the vehicle is OBD2-compliant, the Scan Tool is compatible with the vehicle. This label is commonly located near the radiator.
- Will this Scan Tool read and display Live Data?
Yes. All of Innova's Scan Tools will stream and display Live Data.